Social video in 2017 couldn’t be a bigger topic of interest. Studies have shown that video by 2017 will become one of the most–if not the most–influential mediums on the Internet.
With the rise of Snapchat, YouTube, and other social video platforms, the importance of social video in upcoming years is pressing. If you’re not convinced, take a look at the 2017 video stats below to see why you should get involved in social video marketing.
1. Social followers are 10x more likely to engage when you use video.
Filling up your social networking statuses with social video media is key to improving engagement rates.
2. 73% of online marketers plan to increase video use in social media.
In addition, only 1% of marketers plan to decrease their usage of social video marketing. That says something about the future of social video.
3. In 2017, online video will account for 69% of all consumer Internet traffic.
That’s almost three-quarters of the Internet. Inevitably, social video watching will rise simultaneously.
4. 15% of the top brands on Twitter regularly use Periscope.
Emulating successful brands is a smart way to build your strategy. Don’t neglect Periscope if companies like Uber and Doritos aren’t.
5. Each year, YouTube’s mobile video consumption increases by 100%.
One of the biggest social video trends of 2017 is mobile viewing. Social video sites like YouTube make it easy to adapt your videos for mobile viewing.
6. $11.4 billion will be spent on video ads in 2017.
Video ads account for much of social video for business. Use tools like YouTube, Hulu, and other social video advertising platforms wisely.
7. 18-34 year olds account for 90% of online video viewers.
2017 video marketing trends are almost exclusively influenced by the next generation. So, focus your social video in 2017 on this audience.
8. Snapchat and Facebook each receive more than twice as many daily views as YouTube.
Snapchat receives 10 billion daily video views; Facebook, 8 billion; and YouTube, 4 billion. This speaks volumes for which social video tools are most encompassing.
9. The number of Facebook videos in everyone’s newsfeeds has increased by 360%.
Although the rise of social video increases competition, you can still earn your spot in your audience’s Facebook newsfeeds with social video.
10. 75% of online video viewers have interacted with a video within the past month.
It’s no secret that video influences viewers. Social video analytics are essential for shaping successful social video in 2017.
11. Video leads to a 53x greater chance of ranking on the first page of Google.
This is probably one of the biggest social video facts. By producing videos, you reach as many eyes as possible on the web.
12. 82% of Twitter users watch videos on Twitter.
Social video in 2017 will flow into all major social networks. Among other platforms, Twitter is certainly a leading influencer of social video trends.
13. 92% of mobile video consumers share video content.
In other words, your social video strategy 2017 must be centered around mobile video to generate maximum shares.
14. 90% of marketers consider social media to be important to their business.
By connecting with your audience on social networks and providing valuable content, you can up your marketing game.
15. Video is the #1 social medium that marketers want to learn more about.
Surpassing blogging, visual images, and podcasting, video is the top medium that interests marketers.
16. 50% of marketers plan to use live social video in 2017.
Additionally, 50% of marketers want to learn more about live video. Live streaming is one of the most rapidly growing 2017 video trends.
17. 46% of viewers take action after viewing a video ad.
Social video in 2017 has the power to compel your audience to action more than any other medium.
If these social video stats don’t convince you to implement social video in 2017, then I don’t know what will. Creating a video to post on social media doesn’t have to be an expensive or time-consuming undertaking, either.
Valoso is here to help you with all your social video editing and production needs. If you want to learn more about what Valoso can do for you, click below to receive a free quote from our team.