Do you want to make your content more popular and attract additional attention to it? Use live broadcast! The popularity of live video is increasing by 147% every year. This is a great way to connect with your audience. And thanks to the urgency (after all, you cannot leave the streaming in free access), your live stream cannot be missed by viewers.
Social networks actively promote live video. Your subscribers will receive notifications of the start of each broadcast. In addition, the post will fall into the top of the news line.
In this article you will find out:
- How to choose a platform for a live broadcast
- What to shoot
- How to organize and promote the live broadcast
Conduct a live broadcast in three simple steps…
1. Choose One of the Live Streaming Platforms
In a live broadcast, Google Hangouts, Facebook, and Instagram will help you tremendously. If you do not know which of the three social networks to use to organize your live broadcast, remember these tips:
- Determine the most profitable traffic source for your business using Google Analytics. Find out from which social network visitors come to your site. This way, you can find out where your main audience is hanging out. They will be the ones to watch the broadcast.
- Examine the competitors. Find out where they launch their live broadcasts. How many viewers watch them, and what they are talking about? If competitors do not promote live videos, analyze how the audience behaves on their pages, and where they are most active.
- Start the broadcast in several social networks simultaneously to attract more viewers. Now let’s look at the main advantages of the various live stream platforms.
- Google Hangouts for live streaming is quite effective. Create group chats with any number of people who are in different parts of the world.
- Synchronization of conversation between devices: if your laptop runs out of battery power, you can easily continue broadcasting from your phone.
- Live streaming using Google Hangouts allows integration with YouTube – automatically saves the recording of the air to your channel. After downloading the broadcast, use the tips below to improve the video’s ranking on YouTube search:
- Select the keywords that drive customers into the search engine.
- Add links to other video feeds using annotations.
- In the first 24 hours, share the publications on all possible resources (ask your friends also to publish a link on their website or page in their social networks).
- Add subtitles.
- Include keywords in the description of the link.
- One last note: There is a basic free version of live streaming with Google Hangouts but additional functions (for example, device synchronization) cost $5-10 per month.
- According to statistics, a significant part of the Facebook audience is people with good income and prospects.
- It’s available for all personal and business pages and groups. There is a Facebook Live streaming app for Android and iOS, and Facebook Live streaming from a computer.
- Your friends and subscribers are notified at the start of the live broadcast.
- Detailed stats: if you know how to livestream on Facebook, you also know who your audience is, what peak time for the influx of viewers and other useful information.
- You can start retargeting for those viewers who have not yet subscribed to your page.
- Save the recording of the broadcast in the video section, news feed, and on the gadget.
- Facebook Live streaming time limit is 4 hours.
During Facebook Live streaming for business, you can:
- Limit the audience by age, gender, location, and language.
- Set the validity period of the video.
- Publish the video directly on the “videos” tab, bypassing the news line.
- Ban embedding your video on other sites.
- Edit metadata after upload, including adding subtitles or thumbnails of the video.
- The audience is 18-30 years old
- This social network is ideal for promoting clothing, cosmetics, accessories, handicrafts, photo services, etc.
- You have the ability to limit viewing of the broadcast to specific subscribers.
- The recording lasts up to 1 hour.
- Live comments can be enabled.
- Statistics available on the number of viewers on the air and after the end.
- The broadcast can only be done from a smartphone (Instagram Live streaming o a computer is not possible).
- Instagram actively promotes the broadcast among your subscribers.
- You can save the broadcast to the phone memory.
2. Identify the Content Type
Now it’s time to choose what to shoot to win your audience.
Questions and Answers
This is one of the simplest kinds of broadcasts, which involves audience participation. For its organization:
- Place the ad on your wall with the announcement of the broadcast and ask questions in the comments. Specify that you, for example, will choose 5-6 and answer on the air.
- Answer the live streaming questions that viewers ask online. Thus, you will engage them in communication. But in this case, think about what you will talk about, while the audience “reel” and start asking you about something.
- Combine these two options. First, answer the questions from the comments, and then the new ones.
The Topic In Which You Are Well Versed
Uncover the question in which you have reached a certain level of expertise. Then, share your results and tell about your successes and failures.
Show your viewers one day of your life, including periodically live broadcasts – in the gym, during a corporate party, an interview on the radio or television. It will be interesting for your subscribers to see how you spend your day. People like to “peek” and learn secrets first-hand.
Panels and Discussions
Find experts in your niche and connect with them by opening up a dialogue. In this way, you can develop a relationship with experts that can be brought out during live broadcasts.
Show your product in action. This is one of the best live streaming techniques and good way to turn viewers into customers. The main thing is to make this demonstration unusual and engaging.
3. Create A Live Event
To do this, use several tips:
Before the Live Broadcast Starts
Think about what you will talk about. It is not necessary to have a detailed speech, you can simply sketch out the plan and keep it handy. If you are worried or you are recording a video for the first time, practice the text of the speech several times.
Use the “Only me” privacy setting and record at least a 10-minute video. This will help you to test everything and avoid unpleasant surprises. Check the quality of the image, if there is enough light, and whether there is anything superfluous in the background.
Use the main live streaming piece of equipment (other than the camera) – a microphone to make the sound cleaner so your viewers do not have to strain to hear every word. Place the phone on a stable surface or secure it to a tripod to avoid shaking in the frame.
Choose a Time
- Bounce back from the time when your audience is online. Go to the stats and look at the corresponding report.
- Ask subscribers when it’s convenient for them to watch the broadcast. Create a simple poll where you specify the time ranges.
- You may be surprised by the results. Sometimes the broadcast during the most “ridiculous” time can become the most popular.
- Make noise and collect many viewers: place 1-2 announcements, where you specify the content of the broadcast.
- Start a countdown 2-3 hours before the start. For example, send a message with a timer based on the e-mail database.
- Customize your ads.
Write An Engaging Description
This is necessary so that ordinary viewers do not pass on the broadcast that started. Pay special attention to the first proposal. Use these live streaming tips and tricks to write a cool title:
- Underline the benefits
- Clearly write what will be in the broadcast
- Indicate the period of receipt of the benefit
- Give real promises
- Offer simplicity and convenience
During the Live Broadcast
You start the broadcast with an introduction. But the fact is that viewers can connect at any time of the live broadcast. So, from time to time, remind them of who you are and what you are talking about, for example, “today we are talking about…, we have already considered…, join us to find out…”
Make Videos Spontaneous
Start recording simply without preparation in the reality show mode. People like this. In addition, spontaneity is a distinctive feature of live video. It adds a surprise effect. The audience does not know what will happen next, and it becomes more interesting for them to watch.
Ask People to Like Your Video
If subscribers put hit the like button, your video rises in search results. A simple reminder works well.
Call Viewers by Name
Ask people to write questions in the comments. This increases your delivery in the news line. When answering, call a subscriber by name. If you involve viewers in a live dialogue, they will watch the broadcast for a longer time and engage with questions and answers.
Monitor Comments From Your Computer
On the mobile screen, comments are quickly scrolled and they are easily overlooked. Therefore, ask someone else from your staff to respond to comments. Thus, you will not inadvertently ignore questions.
Make a Broadcast Of At Least 10 Minutes
The longer you are on the air, the more people will see your video and share it with friends. Also, choose the time when most of your subscribers are online. They will receive a notification that you have started the live broadcast. When they see this, they will be able to connect and start viewing.
After the Live Broadcast
Most likely, you may have skipped a few questions or important comments from the audience. Therefore, if after the translation the comments are preserved, review them again and reply. In this way, you will emphasize the importance of the opinion of each of your viewers.
Edit the Metadata
Upload subtitles after the end of the recording to increase the number of views and increase the position of the video in the SERP. Replace the thumbnail and select the correct category. Add keywords to the description and title that people used to search for your video.
Post a Post-Survey
Ask the audience what they liked, what’s new things they learned, what insights they had during your live broadcast. This is a great way to interest those who missed the live streaming, so they can look forward to your next live event.
Analyze the Metrics
For example, on Facebook, you can find out the number of people who watched your video at different times. Thus, you will understand what information was interesting and what caused the visitors to leave. Use this data to make adjustments to your next live broadcast.
Schedule The Next Broadcast
Think about the time and theme of the next live video. Experiment. Try to broadcast on another day or time, invite speakers or change the situation behind the scenes. The possibilities of live streaming video are almost limitless.
Use the tips above, not only to create cool videos but also to make your live streaming more popular. A live video is a powerful tool for promoting your business. Learn more about how to use live streaming to increase sales. Just sign in and wait for new articles by Valoso!